[Sca-cooks] RE: Sca-cooks pounded meat slices

Mon Feb 10 08:46:24 PST 2003

Wienerschnitzel is properly veal, usually breaded.  The name is correctly
spelled Wien, producing a long 'e.'  The stress is usually on the second
vowel in a two vowel pair.

Jagerschnitzel is hunter's steak and is properly either wild venison or wild
boar.  The times I've had it, it was served as thin cutlets rather than
pounded and served with either the mushroom sauce or broth.  Beef and pork
are used only when game meat is unavailable.

Yeah, they are good eating, but rich, rich.  Now you have me think about how
to make low cal, reduced fat cream sauces, so I don't have to wait while
Margaret loses another 20 pounds.  Although I did come up with a blackberry
sauce that's 12 calories per tablespoon which goes great with extra lean
pork tenderloin.

Bear