[Sca-cooks] Period Food Lovers was Re: Dayboard for 100 help needed ASAP

Louise Smithson helewyse at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 11 19:12:35 PST 2003

Apollonia wrote:
No one else in my group is truly interested in period
food...  I tried to give a class on it once.  At least
my hubby and I ate well...

I used to run into that attitude in my group all the
time.  It took a little while to train them out of it.
 Mostly when I do dinners or parties I make food taken
from Period recipes.  They eat it, decide it is good
and then get told it is period.  Of course that was a
couple of years ago.  Now they are well trained, I can
put any thing in front of them, they don't even ask
what is in it (no people with allergies in my
group)they just eat it on the basis of "you made it, I
know it will be good".  Don't give up on them,just
keep sneaking in the period food.  Applemoise always
goes over well, after all it is apple sauce.
How have other people overcome the "period food is
icky" factor?
Helewyse