[Sca-cooks] Presentation (was re:Grinding mustard seed)

Nick Sasso NJSasso at msplaw.com
Wed Feb 12 08:00:46 PST 2003

---- Original Message -----
From: "Stefan li Rous" <StefanliRous at austin.rr.com>
> niccolo difrancesco commented:
> > (got a 22 of 25 on my mustard research and samples.  Next time I
grind
> > all my own seed to flour!)>>>
> > All this because judges of my entry dropped a point and made
comment
> > due to lack of complexity of the entry, and that my research and
> > documentation raised my score in that category. <SNIP>

> Oh! This sounds interesting.

> It sounds like some of your scoring problem may have had more to do
with
> presentation than with the documentation itself, however there are a
few files
> in the CELEBRATIONS AND EVENTS section of the Florilegium that might
be of use
> to you for this:

I have plans to create a platter with sauce wells and salt cellar
ground into the edges.  Maybe even sand casting pewter little bowls
(saucers) to sit in the wells . . . cooking, woodworking and casting all
in one entry :o)  Yeah, the docs were good, and my biggest problem was
the quick and simple setup to lay it out.  That will change for the next
competition, if there comes a next time I enter one.  * * Hmmmm . . .
Add to this project the study of sausages in the exact same sources and
produce sausages from the same four to be the meat for the mustard
tasting . . . .

> Hey, want to clean up these items that you mention and know of, and
send it to me for inclusion in the Florilegium? If not, I'd still like
to read it myself. > Stefan

I'll rework it as it does read a little awkward for my taste.  When I
get it good, I'll drop it off to you.  In the meanwhile, I can email you
a copy for your own enjoyment.  I'll eventually web the text (by the end
of Spring) and include internet links to online sources.

pacem et bonum,
niccolo