[Sca-cooks] period rib recipes

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Feb 18 18:39:17 PST 2003

Adamantius commented:
> For many people in
> the East, their complete picture of me looking like Fred Flintstone
> includes the image of me carrying Bronto Ribs to a head table at one
> Coronation. It was an entire beef rib section, trimmed to look like
> one of those little bitty racks of lamb... people speak of the table
> sinking down an inch or two when the roast was put before the Crown.
Was this from a particular period rib recipe?
I have only this one little file that has period rib recipes and information:

ribs-msg          (10K)  6/30/02    Period rib recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/roast-meats-msg.html

Although a search of the Florilegium finds a number of referances to "ribs",
most of the entries have little to do with eating. So, I'd love to see more
recipes or period referances to the cooking of ribs. For instance there is one
referance to ribs in my stews-bruets file, but that is not usually what they
think of when they think of cooking ribs.
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com