[Sca-cooks] Auntie Arwyn

Kirsten Houseknecht kirsten at fabricdragon.com
Thu Feb 20 16:11:36 PST 2003

Jane Sibley, author of "Norse Mythology , According to Uncle Einar", and
perpetrator.. uh.. producer... of "Auntie Arwyn's Spice Blends"  apparently
wrenched her back shoveling out her car to drive down to Ecumenicon....
*ouch!*

Please join me in wishing her a speedy and complete recovery!
we only heard when we got down to Ecumenicon and found that they were
scrambling to fill the class slots now..

she was scheduled to teach five classes ( a major track) on Norse Mythology
and Beliefs at the convention.    so all of her friends and students are
pitching in to teach classes on *something* to fill in the Norse lessons....
we cannot teach *her* classes, none of us came prepared for anything that
detailed or in depth....but between us all we have come up with five
*different* classes to substitute for the Norse track.

I am teaching a class on "Amber: Norse Gold" Amber's role in history, myth,
and its uses in amulets and etc
and a class  "Introduction to the Vanir"  A brief introduction and
discussion on the Vanir and the Aesir, their origins, and more details about
the Vanir and their worship.

I wasn't planning on teaching at this convention... oh well...
please keep all of us last minute teachers in your thoughts and prayers , we
have some mighty big shoes to fill.....

Kirsten Houseknecht
Fabric Dragon
kirsten at fabricdragon.com
www.fabricdragon.com
Philadelphia, PA     USA
Trims, Amber, Jet, Jewelry, and more...

I worry about you, wear a reflective sweater...