[Sca-cooks] Long time coming was New to list

Rosine rosine at sybercom.net
Fri Feb 21 04:01:03 PST 2003

> I guess that I have a better smeller than most, because I do notice that I
> still have the stuff on, so I don't re-apply it a lot. Plus I don't go
> around like that ALL the time, that would be overkill.

The Ghods know why this made me smile and remember one of those "spousal
moments"... my husband is a smoker and I am not. He very courteously smokes
outside or (on really blustery days) in the garage, but has taken to do the
same in one of our bathrooms when he's ah, reading. He really is unaware of
scent, or taste, because of his 30 year habit... but refuses to believe that
others can detect what he cannot. So last week he was in the bathroom
playing with his beard or something, when I, from the computer room, smelled
something "medicinal" - cinnamony, but definitely alcohol based. Since I
knew he was trimming hair and such, it couldn't be him, so I called out
"What's that smell? Are you trying to cook something?" (His experiments in
the kitchen during my illness range from "yummy" to "ah, um, that's
different...")
   He came to my desk to sheepishly admit he'd just used some mouthwash. And
now, finally, after all these years of disbelieving looks - he doesn't
question my assertion of "I can smell something."
   Might make the back injury worth it, in the long run...

Rosine, who probably is nattering - tired, drugged, bored and still in pain.
Glad to see Misha's birthday messages. They're very cheerful. Happy Birthday
Misha! Don't forget to register for the draft! (Both my kids did. Silly
kids. One even got a reminder from the government in the mail. Registered
mail. Boy did he light a trail to the Post Office! You can do it online
now.)