[Sca-cooks] Camp pizza OP

Isabella di Giovanni isabella_di_giovanni at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 27 09:02:25 PST 2003

     While our Kingdom Seneschal was munching a donut/danish sweet thing, he joked, "What?? No PIZZA??"

     Well, it just so happened that I had everything for pizza, too, leftover from breakfast: sausage, peppers, onions, cheese, tomatoes (and spice in the kitchen box). Unfortunately, couldn't hook up with him to surprise him for lunch. Oh, well, next camp event. He usually camps with or around us.

     Flatten the biscuts as big as you can (roll between wax paper?), fry and top just like regular pizza. I will take squirt bottle pizza sauce, though. Or maybe canned (just take the lid off, put in a pan of water and pipping hot in a flash and no dirty pan). As long as all the ingredients are hot (sausage, sauce and freshly fried onions, etc), then the cheese should melt. Won't be baked, but, oh, well, some of us even have ovens, hmmm?

Isabella, always looking for fun, weird things to cook at camp, even though they aren't useally period.