[Sca-cooks] crepes

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Feb 27 22:27:43 PST 2003

Margaret suggested:
> I have *heard*, but I don't remember where, that you can make a dry crepe
> mix similar to pancake mix but without the leavening, using flour
> and powdered milk and powdered eggs. Then add water and whisk to the right
> consistency. Anybody who has actually cooked with powdered eggs want to
> offer their opinions on the feasability of a dry crepe mix?
Why do you wish to use a totally dry mix needing only water added?
Why not just add real eggs? Is it storing the eggs that has you concerned? There are

things you can do to keep eggs without refrigeration for a weekend, even a
week long event. See:

egg-storage-msg   (16K)  2/ 7/02    Period and modern raw egg storage.

http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/eggs-stuffed-msg.html
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com