[Sca-cooks] Pretzels and Rock Candy

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Feb 2 00:01:16 PST 2003

Brangwayna asked:
> Passing along two questions from shire members not on the list:
>
> 1. Our A&S mistress believes that she has seen a recipe for pretzels from
> within our period of study, but cannot find it again.  She'd like to give it
> to our mistress of children to use with the kids in a newly formed children's
> activity group.  Can anyone point me to such a beast?

Here is a bit of info on period pretzels, but unfortunately, no period
recipes. Yet.

pretzels-msg      (25K)  9/27/00    Period pretzels and pretzel-like breads.

http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BREADS/pretzels-msg.html

> 2. I seem to remember someone saying something about rock candy being
> donelate in our period of study.  Does anyone have anything on that?  That
> would also be a good thing to do with kids.
Well, the following message is from my food2-msg file. Perhaps someone

can check these recipes out? The other times that "rock candy" turns
up in a Florilegium search tend to be saying something is or isn't like
rock candy.

Stefan
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com