[Sca-cooks] To make Jumballs

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Mon Feb 3 06:53:17 PST 2003

Another recipe for Jumballs from--
Archimagirus anglo-gallicus that offers comparison.

It's found on page 75:

119. Another way of Jumballs

To halfe a pound of sugar, eight egges, four yolks,
as much butter as an egge, being washed in Rose-water,
and fine flower as much as your direction shall see fit to
make it a paste, and so worke it, and knead it well
together with an ounce of Anniseeds, and
Coriander, so roule and make them up in knots,
and butter the plats, and bake them,
heat the Oven hot as for Manchet.

The two recipes follow each other. The one quoted below
is on pages 74-75 and precedes this one.

Johnnae llyn Lewis Johnna Holloway

johnna holloway wrote on Sunday 2/2