[Sca-cooks] OOP - slow cookers-Savory Pulled Pork

Patricia Collum pjc2 at cox.net
Tue Feb 4 11:02:26 PST 2003

I had a pork roast I wanted to cook in the crockpot, but I didn't have the
right recipe, so I combined what I had on hand with ideas from several
recipes.

Savory Pulled Pork

2 lb. boneless pork roast
1 cup pineapple-orange juice (I actually used Dole pineapple-orange-bannana)
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
4 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 1/2 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp chili power
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 small onion diced fine
1 can chicken broth
2 cans water

Place pork roast in crock pot. Stir the rest of the ingredients together in
a bowl, except for the chicken broth and water. Add this mix and the broth
and water to the crockpot and stir some. Turn crock pot on high and cook for
at least 4 hours or overnight. (My roast popped up and had to be turned over
during cooking).

When the roast is cooked through, use two forks to pull it apart into chunks
to serve over rice, or pull apart more completely to serve in warmed flour
tortillas.

Cecily