[Sca-cooks] Re: Clotted Cream

CorwynWdwd at aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Wed Feb 5 11:49:21 PST 2003

In a message dated 2/5/2003 11:42:09 AM Eastern Standard Time,
helwynn at hotmail.com writes:

> Hi!
>
> I know the clotted cream recipies I've come across do specify using
> unpasturized cream.  Which, at least in the state of North Carolina, is
> illegal to purchase.  We asked a local dairy if we could purchase some for
> exactly that reason.  Have a great day!
>
> Helwynn

It's illegal in South Carolina too, at least for cow's milk type cream, which
is why you tell the dairy you're purchasing it for dog food... A trick for
people who want their milk still "live" for lack of a better term.

Corwyn

To be humble to superiors is duty,
   to equals courtesy,
   to inferiors nobleness.   __ Richard Saunders (Ben Franklin)