[Sca-cooks] Vigil Menus

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Feb 5 21:56:23 PST 2003

Andrea MacIntyre commented:
> I just did a vigil recently in December.
>
> I made quince paste, wafers with apricot and pomegranate sauce, mini apple
> and cherry tarts (bite size), Mini ember day tarts (bite size), sugared
> fruit, candied orange peel, and fresh vegetables with dilled sour cream.
>
> The quince paste, while nice in taste, tended to melt throughout the day.

So, how did you serve the quince paste? Were folks just expected to spoon it
onto their plates and eat it with their spoons? Hardly a finger food, but
perhaps that wasn't a requirement for this meal. Was it supposed to be
eaten/served on something? But you already had two different sauces for the
wafers.

Stefan

    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com