[Sca-cooks] Egg tempera query

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Thu Feb 6 09:14:21 PST 2003

Also sprach Christina Nevin:
>This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand
>this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.
>--
>I'm assuming there is some added water content, but has anyone here frozen
>egg yolks and then defrosted them and used them for tempera painting? Is
>that a Yay or Nay on the Feasibility Front?
>
>ciao
>Lucrezia

FWIW, just remember that frozen egg yolks, unless, I assume, treated
with funky chemicals (no, I do _not_ mean THC), emerge from the
freezer in a much thicker, more gelatinous state than when they went
in.

Besides, I thought you wore a napkin to _prevent_ the tempura from
dripping on you. You want to paint with it??? You can have my sweet
potato slices...

Adamantius