Changing the topic was [Sca-cooks] Re:New to list

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Thu Feb 6 22:05:57 PST 2003

Ok, for dinner I...

PUlled out a roast from the frig. I don't remember the poundage, but is was
about the size of a football. I put some oil in teh big dutch oven, heated
it up on teh stove for a bit, and seared teh roast all over. Then I stabbed
it all over real good with the meat fork, and rolled it face-down in the
pot. The I chopped an onion and dumped that in, and squooshed several
cloves of garlic and put that in, then I dumped a couple of cups of red
table wine on top. Let it cook for a bit, rolled teh roast back and forth a
bit so teh wine got underneath, then I added a little more wine, put the
lid on and put it in the oven at 300. Two hours later, I pulled it out,
turned the roast over, splooshed a little more wine in, and put it back in
teh oven. Turned it up just a bit, to about 325. 1 1/2 hour later, I took
it out. It was done and really nice- moist, yummy. I pulled teh roast out
and set it to cool a bit, poured the wine drippings into one of those cups
with the low spout, so you can pour off the juice without pouring off the
fat. Put the juice back in teh pot and used it to make a gravy/sauce. Oh it
was yummy!

*whew* Garlic! And my sweetie isn't here tp enjoy it!

'Lainie