Changing the topic was [Sca-cooks] Re:New to list

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Thu Feb 6 21:45:00 PST 2003

I made a pork roast, using a recipe from a co-worker.
Come to think of it, it would work really sweet for a crock-pot or
slow-cooker, too.
You take an average, nice little pork roast (mine was a boneless sirloin
roast from CostCo), and put it in your roasting pan, surrounded by
cut-up onions, potatoes, and carrots (well, that's what I had at hand
<g>).  Over the roast, you pour about half a bottle of Jack Daniels
barbeque sauce.  Cover the pan with tin foil and bake at the recommended
temp. (mine was 325 farenheit).  45 mins. or so before the end of the
cooking period, remove the tin foil.
Nummmmy......
On a period note, I enjoyed looking through the webbed version of the
Housewife's Jewel today.  It's one cookbook I've never poked around in
much--I saw lots of yummy bunny recipes, and some interesting chicken
ones I might try, as well as some tarts--fruit ones, and
spinach....mmmmm.....
I'm feeling the urge to cook a feast coming on <g>. Even though I've got
myself on feastocrat-leave for a year.....
So, gang....If you all had to cook a spring-time feast for, say, 60
people, and you had a budget of, mmmm, $8(US)/head, what would you
serve? No major food-fu...a couple of people who don't do pork for
religious reasons, and a couple more who can't have alcohol.
--maire, wanting to talk about medieval cooking.....

Tonight, in here, I am