[Sca-cooks] WAR!

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Fri Feb 7 05:18:58 PST 2003

Also sprach Ana Valdés:
>As living in Europe and totally against the war, I can tell you American
>friends, everyone of you who is called to fight in this war should
>stand up and
>say ;"We don't go". Remember the Vietnam war, when you let loose the terrible
>ghost of the war, noone is more safe or sure...

We all, without exception, have aspects of our national past to be
less proud of than at other times, and if we're going to refer to
people's national past as "you", it can get very dangerous very
quickly. Please. Not here. The reason we, as a group, have gotten
along so well so far is that we've avoided topics like this here.

I also have strong opinions on this issue, but this just isn't the place.

Adamantius