[Sca-cooks] For dinner tonight: Was:New to list

Laura L laura at croatan.net
Fri Feb 7 07:14:35 PST 2003

Well, was dinner last night, but will probably have the leftovers tonight,
too ^_^

Chicken lentil soup made from leftover roast chicken with Chinese 5 spice
powder, carrots, onions, about 1/2 a granny smith apple (apple and onion
were baked with the chicken), carrots, frozen mixed veggies, chicken stock,
lentils, garlic, black pepper and more 5 spice powder.

Was very yummy... The apples were an interesting addition, but were *very*
good... they lent a sort of sweet/sour flavor without a distinct "apple"
flavor. My husband rated it "we have to have this again," so it must not
have been too bad! ^_^

--Irmgart (its amazing how many meals you can get out of 1 chicken!)