[Sca-cooks] re: Steak/beef was Dinner Tonight

SableSwanHerald at aol.com SableSwanHerald at aol.com
Fri Feb 7 11:02:46 PST 2003

I, too, have always been suspicious of cubed steak - until I discovered
putting them in a casserole with a liberal glopping of a mixture of condensed
tomato soup (or combination of tomato products - sometimes I throw in a few
tbsp of tomato paste I'm trying to use up, or the last 1/3 jar of pasta sauce
as well) and steak sauce.  Some brown them first, I don't find that necessary
(and don't really like breading or any addiitional starch) - cover the
casserole dish and put in the oven.  It comes out really tender and
flavorful.  I was dubious at first, but I tried it and now it's something
easy to fix for that unexpected company that winds up staying after a Sunday
afternoon meeting.

Berengaria