[Sca-cooks] Why no alcohol?

XvLoverCrimvX at aol.com XvLoverCrimvX at aol.com
Fri Feb 7 11:26:42 PST 2003

liadan at sbcglobal.net writes:

> Besides, its difficult to tell whether vanilla extract or vanilla sugar was
> used to make the cookies after they are baked.
> Liadan

Yeah, since I checked that Sauer's vanilla extract is about 35% alcohol. From
my knowledge, the Qu'ran prohibits alcohol made from grapes. This has lead to
the development of mead there using honey (which most mead is made out of,
isn't it? I could be wrong). Another question about mead:Is the only
ingredient that makes mead from ale is honey? (Improper grammar, yes, but i'm
tired...) If not, what exactly constitute a mead? Thanks!

Misha