[Sca-cooks] Honeysucke Cordial (was Hello Lavender)

Barbara G. Dodge awench1 at cox.net
Fri Feb 7 11:53:03 PST 2003

> Apparently, we have a profusion of honeysuckle in this area; one of my
> fellow brewers mentioned it to me on Sunday. Recipe please?
>
> Avraham

I will see if I can acquire the recipe.  It was done as a project with
another person years ago.  I, unfortunately did not get copies of the
technique.  If I cannot get the exact recipe, I hope this gives you a start

As I recall, we used only the bright white flowers.  The ones that are
yellow on the same bushes supposedly already have had the nectar removed via
birds, bees, etc.  The flowers were rinsed and dried.  Then they were put in
a large bowl in layers alternating with sugar, covered, and then left alone.
I do not recall the timing, but eventually the oils and nectar from the
flowers and the sugar become syrupy and then are combined with your base
alcohol.

Good luck!
Felicia