[Sca-cooks] war food

Isabella di Giovanni isabella_di_giovanni at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 7 17:16:12 PST 2003

     Oh, Migawd, can you imagine? It is possibly your last day on earth and you have to go off and fight  WITH A BREAKFAST OF TRIPE??? HEHE
     Hey, that might work for my breakfast delima. Thanks.
Isabella
 jenne at fiedlerfamily.net wrote:To change the subject back to food,

Anyone have any tid-bits about the kinds of foods that might be assoicated
with war in period? Someone (dembinska I think) said that in period Poland
Tripe was associated with sieges because it preserved easily and was kept
around pickled.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"The art of losing isn't hard to master;/so many things seem filled with
the intent/to be lost that their loss is no disaster.
Lose something every day. Accept the fluster/of lost door keys, the hour
badly spent." -- "One Art", Elizabeth Bishop