[Sca-cooks] No Alcohol? OOP Quote

AF Murphy afmmurphy at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 8 21:23:25 PST 2003

I suddenly remember my mother saying she felt sorry for American
Benedictine monks. She said (and I've never verified this, so take it as
hearsay) that the Rule of the order called for them to drink "the
beverage of the country."

So, in France, Italy, Spain, they drink wine with meals.  In England,
Germany, Scandinavia, they drink beer.

In the United States of America? Our National Beverage?

Coffee...

Anne