[Sca-cooks] cooks guild gear

Mark Calderwood mark-c at acay.com.au
Sun Feb 9 08:57:35 PST 2003

At 17:57 6/02/03 -0500, you wrote:
>question for this august group is:  What would you consider the highest
>priorities for cooking and serving gear?  Got a list?  What can't we do
>without?

This probably goes without saying, but whatever you get mark it clearly and
obviously as *your* gear. Keep a list of exactly what you have and check it
thoroughly as it goes in and out, especially if you loan it to other people
to make sure that it comes back in good condition. Also keep it with
someone you can trust rather than a storage facility.

I found out the hard way a couple of months ago that the several hundred
dollars' worth of cooking and serving gear from my barony had gone missing
because it was kept in a storage unit where people could just wander in
help themselves, and nobody kept a check on what went in or out. Then they
were surprised when they had no gear come feast time. Quadrupeds.

Giles