[Sca-cooks] Grinding mustard seed and cleaning mortars

Generys ferch Ednuyed generys at blazemail.com
Mon Feb 10 08:23:20 PST 2003

I have a pumice mortar and pestle (Mexican molcajete) that I
adore...however, I got it for SCA stuff, and then used it to make salsa.
Now I'm not sure what the best way to take the tomato/pepper smell out of it
is... washing with soap and water and grinding rice in it only partially got
rid of it, and I'm afraid to use it for anything like, say almonds that will
absorb the flavor.

Generys