[Sca-cooks] pounded meat slices

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Feb 10 22:20:35 PST 2003

chirhart replied to a question I asked with:
> Well the idea besides tenderizing is to end up with a larger piece to stick
> way out side of the bun.If you started thin you wont get the effect
> needed-Thinking outside of the bun.

Well yes. I guess I should have been more explicit. If you have a quarter
pound of meat why choose a piece of meat that has a small cross section
and then pound it? Why not choose a different size of meat and cut it thinner
to start with? Pounding it doesn't increase the amount of meat; it just
redistributes it a bit. And yes, for sandwiches I imagine you want a tender
piece of meat. otherwise it is hard to bite off the meat and you finally end
up with no meat and two pieces of bread or bun left. :-)

Stefan
who has come to like chicken-fried steak sandwiches. with strong tasting
cheese. and bold mustard sauce. On a bun, not sandwich bread.
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com