[Sca-cooks] Dayboard for 100 help needed ASAP

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Tue Feb 11 15:23:51 PST 2003

In a message dated 2/11/2003 11:04:11 AM Eastern Standard Time,
apollonia at bellsouth.net writes:

> I would like to do a meat not in a soup, is pot roast
> period?

There's a variant that is - oh, crap, what is it now - can't think of the
name.  Oh yeah, Drye Stewe for Beef.
Take a good piece of chuck, set it on a rack in the bottom of your roasting
pan.  Pour a couple of cups of red wine over it (enough to have half an inch
or so in the bottom on the pan).  Sprinkle chopped onions on top, and (if I
remember correctly), cinnamon, mace and pepper.  I know the mace and pepper
is correct.  Cover tightly, and cook as for pot roast.
It's good cold, too...

Brangwayna