[Sca-cooks] Dayboard for 100 help needed ASAP

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Tue Feb 11 15:23:52 PST 2003

In a message dated 2/11/2003 1:13:48 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jenne at fiedlerfamily.net writes:

> 152 To make a good roast
> Take veal or a sirloin of beef, lay it overnight in wine, afterwards stick
> it on a spit. Put it then in a pot. Put good broth therein, onions, wine,
> spices, pepper, ginger and cloves  and let it cook therein. Do not over
> salt it.

Remember the Drye Stewe for Beef recipe, when I said I was almost sure about
the spices, but not quite?  This made me remember it - because it's almost
identical.  The drye stewe for beef spices are supposed to be whole cloves,
whole peppercorns, and blade mace.  I've used ground as well - in fact, I
don't own blade mace, so I've never used it.

Brangwayna