[Sca-cooks] Dinner Tonight

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Tue Feb 11 15:23:47 PST 2003

In a message dated 2/10/2003 10:00:52 PM Eastern Standard Time,
goldbergr1 at cox.net writes:

> No, Philly, Master A, is where Grinder is the local term.

No it's not!  I grew up just outside of Philly and went to school in Philly.
They are hoagies.  OK, maybe the hot ones are grinders - I don't know, as I
never had one.  I recall having steak sandwiches (which are not grinders),
cold hoagies, never a hot sandwich that wasn't steak - unless you count a
calzone as a sandwich.  Lots of hoagies, though.  Where I live now, they are
all subs, hot or cold.

Brangwayna Morgan