[Sca-cooks] Dinner Tonight

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Tue Feb 11 17:37:50 PST 2003

Also sprach Carol Eskesen Smith:
>--
>No, Phil, according to my sister-in-law, who grew up in the
>Binghamton area, where they supposedly originated, they're simply
>"spiedies",  But I could very easily be wrong; it's happened before,
>and will happen again...
>Regards,
>Brekke

Maybe, but the impression I got from my own experience was that
spiedies are the contents of the sandwich, and they can be eaten off
the stick/skewer, with bread on the side, or in a sandwich. Are you
suggesting that the sandwich itself is also known as a spiedie? My
brother is a fairly regular customer at Sharkey's, one of the great
spiedie epicenters of the Tri-City Area; maybe I'll see if he can ask
them.

Adamantius