[Sca-cooks] cinnamon oil

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Tue Feb 11 22:15:43 PST 2003

At 11:50 PM 2/11/03 -0600, you wrote:

>I remember that you used to be able to get cinnamon oil at the pharmacy,
or at
>least you could thirty years ago. I remember using it to make cinnamon
>toothpicks. Does anyone know whether cinnamon oil has suddenly gotten banned
>in the U.S.? I've like the mouthwashes with the cinnamon in them. One that I
>liked, and can't remember the name of, had cinnamon and cloves in it. Now I
>can't seem to find any of the red, cinnamon mouthwashes at any of my local
>grocery stores.

*snort* I don't know about the mouthwashes, but I remember cinnamon
toothpicks- was just thinking about them the other day. They got banned
repeatedly- especially after Blaze Julum (the kids who always had an
interesting emergency) fell in teh hallway and got the toothpick imbedded
in the roof of his mouth. Year before (or year after? I forget) he was
futzing with his- had chewed it into a tassel on teh end, and was
absentmindedly rubbing it on his face. And then he broke out big time- but
it was hard to see because he already was colorful with all his freckles
(named Blaze- guess why). Face swelled up and his eyes swelled shut.

(This is also the kid who was out on the lake one day, broke the cardinal
rule of 'don't dive where you can't see, and always put your hands out
first'. He dove in headfirst, hit a snag, neatly scalped himself. He was
out for weeks from the repair and then infection management- the lake water
wasn't very clean. Made for a really cool scar though!)

The peppermint toothpicks weren't nearly as cool.

'Lainie