[Sca-cooks] cinnamon oil

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Feb 11 21:50:09 PST 2003

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa commented:
> I would avoid using essential oils in food unless they are marketed as
> food safe (for instance, there's a farm store that sells pure lime oil,
> peppermint oil, etc. for flavoring, near me, and you can get peppermint
> oil and clove oil for internal consumption at some Pharmacies too.)

I remember that you used to be able to get cinnamon oil at the pharmacy, or at
least you could thirty years ago. I remember using it to make cinnamon
toothpicks. Does anyone know whether cinnamon oil has suddenly gotten banned
in the U.S.? I've like the mouthwashes with the cinnamon in them. One that I
liked, and can't remember the name of, had cinnamon and cloves in it. Now I
can't seem to find any of the red, cinnamon mouthwashes at any of my local
grocery stores.

Stefan

    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com