[Sca-cooks] re: menu copyright?

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Wed Feb 12 12:03:14 PST 2003

I think you will find you are incorrect in this assertion about
transcriptions.  A transcription is a derivative work rendering the original
a more readable text thus creating an intellectually valuable property
distinctly seperate from the original.  Facsimiles are generally
copyrightable because additional work by a modern author makes the facsimile
a new derivative of the original work.

Bear