[Sca-cooks] Fw: [SCA-Chirurgeon] Pennsic Blood Drive

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Thu Feb 13 04:36:43 PST 2003

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> It's a generous idea, but I'm not sure it is a good one. I, at least,
> would rather give blood (which I do regularly) on some occasion when
> I am not under that much physical stress--say, a month before Pennsic
> and a month after--and you can't give blood more often than every two
> months anyway. But other people may have more stamina than I do these
> days.
>
> Elizabeth/Betty Cook

Yeah, I'm a regular donor too, but around here trying to track down a
Bloodmobile becomes an exercise in creative map reading ;-) I want to donate
at Pennsic, but it's scheduled on the day of the Woods Battle, which I
always work, and I rarely get done before 5 PM, and generally hafta meet for
preparation at 9 AM. Even if they had a slot at 8 AM, I wouldn't want to
donate, then work the battle- I go through over a gallon or water as it is,
and I'm usually dead tired and a bit dehydrated when I stagger into camp
anyway- any other day would be fine, since I'm pretty relaxed if busy
through most of Pennsic- my busy times are Land Grab and Pack Up.

But, for anyone who doesn't have that day tied up, it might be doable- just
remember, drink plenty of non-alcoholic or non-caffeinated fluids, eat well,
and take it easy that day.

Phlip

cat.

Never a horse that cain't be rode,