[Sca-cooks] Re; Philly Cheese Steak

Daniel Myers doc at medievalcookery.com
Fri Feb 14 12:24:30 PST 2003

>>> There's actually good pizza in New York?
>>
>> Yep. Also in parts of New Jersey. Oh, and a couple places in Italy
>> have it. I think.
>
> Well, if you *like* that kind of pizza. *sniff*
>
> You can't really get good pizza outsite of Chicago.

Ah!  Once again we must seek the wisdom hidden in The Book of
Refreshments.

The relevant passage is in Chapter 14, verses 29 through 36.
[ http://www.bookofrefreshments.com/refresh14.html#29 ]

29. Louis did mingle carefully and found himself at the wrong end of
the party, wedged between two guests who were engaged in a debate.

30. And since he had sat down on the comfy sofa he was thus rendered
immobile and helpless.

31. Those on either side of Louis did talk over his head and very
loudly, for the music was of great volume with a beat to which could be
danced.

32. Then did the one named Tony speak saying, "Pizza! I love pizza!
Pizza is especially good with duck sausage and goat cheese! No tomato
sauce. No mozzarella. It has to have a great crust. What you put on top
is what tastes good and what people like to eat. That's it."

33. Then did the one named Drew scream "BLASPHEMER!" and did leap upon
the one named Tony, knocking Louis' plate from his hands in the process.

34. And Louis did bemoan the loss of the little smokey sausages wrapped
in crescent roll that had tumbled to the floor, and he was also soaked
in the general area of his groin by the slightly alcoholic red punch
with fruit that had been spilled.

35. It was then revealed to Louis, and his eyes were opened wide, that
it would be very bad to ask either Drew or Tony if pizza should be
thick or thin of crust.

36. For this is a matter of greater truth that is best left to the
Prophets.

- Doc