[Sca-cooks] spice compatibility

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 17 17:46:47 PST 2003

--- Stefan li Rous <StefanliRous at austin.rr.com>
wrote:
> I finally got my wife to consider a Thai
> resturant I had heard good things
> about. We walked in and looked at the menu at
> the counter. While I'm
> immediately finding one or more items on each
> page of the menu (eight pages?)
> that sound interesting, she finishes the menu
> and says there is nothing there
> she can (will?) eat. So we didn't stay and
> haven't been back. :-(

Stefan!

Does this place have take-out?  Perhaps you
should go there on your own, order things that
you like and a couple of things that you think
that she might eat if she didn't have a menu to
look at.  If this is like most of the Thai places
here in California, there have to be a few
Chinese dishes on the menu.  Does your wife eat
Chinese?  Anyway, if you bring the stuff home,
you can have what you like and if she still turns
her nose up at Thai food, then she can find
something for herself in the fridge.
Not quite the ambience of a restaurant, but at
least you will know what their food is like.  But
then if she likes what you buy, then you can go
back there together and she will know that there
is food there that she can eat.

Huette

=====
shall never cease to be amused.