[Sca-cooks] Fwd: request for information

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 19 20:11:05 PST 2003

On 19 Feb 2003, at 9:26, Susan Fox-Davis wrote:

> The Tale Thus Far:  someone wrote in for information on marinating a tri-tip
> beef roast.  Adamantius defined the term and made some recommendations.
>
> Brighid ni Chiarain [a well-regarded translator of Catalan and Spanish cookery
> works] wrote:

Correction: Spanish, but not Catalan.  I can usually make out the meaning,
but I can't translate it.

> > Ah.  Thank you for illuminating my ignorance.  I had never heard the term, and
> > thought that "Tri-Tip" was the nickname for some Caidan event.  There is a dry
> > rub for beef in Granado (Spanish cookbook, 1599), which is mostly fennel seed
> > and black pepper.  I can look it up at home, as I don't have access to the
> > book right now.
>
> LOL!  Now there's a thought.  Where can we find a spot where the borders of
> three baronies intersect?

Hey!  Do I know what you strange furriners call your events?  Maybe you
have a weekend camping event called "Three Days and Two Knights in
Tipperary", at which grilling is very common.

> You may have created a monster.  Bwahahahahaha!

*Created*?  I may have set it loose, but I think the monster was already alive
and well and living in Altavia. :-)

> Selene Colfox, Altavia, Caid
> selene at earthlink.net

Brighid, suddenly glad for the width of the North American continent

Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net