[Sca-cooks] Fwd: request for information

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 19 09:26:18 PST 2003

The Tale Thus Far:  someone wrote in for information on marinating a tri-tip beef roast.  Adamantius defined the term and made some recommendations.

Brighid ni Chiarain [a well-regarded translator of Catalan and Spanish cookery works] wrote:

> Ah.  Thank you for illuminating my ignorance.  I had never heard the term, and thought that "Tri-Tip" was the nickname for some Caidan event.  There is a dry rub for beef in Granado (Spanish cookbook, 1599), which is mostly fennel seed and black pepper.  I can look it up at home, as I don't have access to the book right now.

LOL!  Now there's a thought.  Where can we find a spot where the borders of three baronies intersect?  Do we have anyone with connections to get event space at the University of Judaism or the Skirball Center at the top of Mulholland Drive, that is about the "tri-tip" of Angels, Lyondemere and Altavia?  The Baron of Lyondemere is a
high-profile BBQ man, Angels household parties are legendary and Altavia is full of foodies. Or do Dreiburgen, Calafia and Gyldenholt come together in a convenient point someplace?

You may have created a monster.  Bwahahahahaha!

Selene Colfox, Altavia, Caid
selene at earthlink.net