[Sca-cooks] Fwd: request for information

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 19 03:58:51 PST 2003

-------Original Message-------
Tri-tip is a portion of the Bottom Sirloin of beef. It's quite tender and quite flavorful, and runs about two pounds, maybe three. Apart from a recent trend of using it for barbecuing, with various dry seasoning rubs used, I don't know why anyone would marinate such a cut, and seriously doubt it would have been done in the Middle Ages.

Adamantius

Ah.  Thank you for illuminating my ignorance.  I had never heard the term, and thought that "Tri-Tip" was the nickname for some Caidan event.  There is a dry rub for beef in Granado (Spanish cookbook, 1599), which is mostly fennel seed and black pepper.  I can look it up at home, as I don't have access to the book right now.

Brighid ni Chiarain