[Sca-cooks] SCA Feasts....

SableSwanHerald at aol.com SableSwanHerald at aol.com
Sun Feb 23 21:14:16 PST 2003

Stefan -

Cheapness of seafood is a relative thing.  :-)  For feasts in the Barony of
Earngyld [Juneau, AK] (years ago, but I doubt the relative economic dynamics
of the area have changed much), we could serve halibut because we could get
it for $1/lb at the dock, or sometimes free from a group member whose brother
had a halibut boat; and we once traded a flat of Rainier for two dozen live
king crabs for a dinner with the locals post-event when the king and queen
were up.

There, it's produce that's expensive and some items hard to find.  It all has
to be flown or boated in.

I think I posted my Halibut Berengaria recipe here a long time ago - it's not
from a period source at all, so I don't recommend it as part of a period
feast menu, but it's  *perioid* - and fighters not only ate it, several of
them asked me for the recipe so their SOs could make it at home.

Berengaria