[Sca-cooks] SCA Feasts....

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Mon Feb 24 03:53:53 PST 2003

Also sprach Stefan li Rous:
>Adamantius replied to Althea DeGrimm concerning her feast:
>>The group was very happy with it, my son was thrilled by what
>>appeared to be all the steamed mussels he could eat ;-),
>Oh??? Hey, I think I would like this feast. Whether I liked the
>other items or not.
>
>So, what was your recipe? And where did you get mussels cheap enough and in
>quantity enough to serve a large quantity at a feast?
>
>Of course, around here, even if the intention was not 'all the
>mussels you could eat", I could probably approach that simply by
>bartering for those my wife and others wouldn't even try.

They appeared late in the meal; some people were already full, others
decried the dam' shame of it all as they were forced to help this
good barony out in its time of travail by eating the mussels for
them. But, there were a couple of Companions of the Silver Crescent
[EK service award] at my table alone, and we did our clear duty.
There was obviously no alternative. And my kid just hogged out on
them because he loves them ;-).

Actually they were pretty similar to the mussels you had at EK 12th
Night in the Barony of the Bridge. If you look at a map, An
Dubhaigeainn is more or less due south, across Long Island Sound,
from Connecticut and Rhode Island, which is where the Barony of the
Bridge is. They have good, inexpensive seafood in both places.

Adamantius