[Sca-cooks] SCA Feasts....

Debra Tonjes dethriel at optonline.net
Sun Feb 23 21:25:48 PST 2003

Per Stefan
> So, what was your recipe? And where did you get mussels cheap enough and
in
> quantity enough to serve a large quantity at a feast?
>
> Of course, around here, even if the intention was not 'all the mussels you
could eat", I could probably approach that simply by bartering for those my
wife and others wouldn't even try.

Well...one of the advantages of living on the Eastern End of Long Island is
the relative cheapness of seafood....

As to the recipe?  I only know it had garlic and white wine...I was not the
Cook...I just helped with the prep work with the little shell'd
beasties...no s**t..there I was on the floor of the kitchen with a 9yr old
while we played 'make the mussles speak' in order to check on whether they
were still alive and to get them to close up before they were cooked while
alive.....

Ooo...that sounds rather nasty, doesn't it...hmmmnnn...

Althea, still wondering about that Spanish recipe for Cats...