[Sca-cooks] Coleworts

SableSwanHerald at aol.com SableSwanHerald at aol.com
Sun Feb 23 21:36:35 PST 2003

Wow, Jadwiga, fascinating...

Part way down the passage it mentions "the Cole flower", so I'm guessing that
paragraph is describing cauliflower.

I'm not sure about the description of the others, but I can tell you that I'm
pretty familiar with the existant brassica oloracea family on this continent
because that is my one deathly serious food allergy.

The six major members whose names I know are:  broccoli, brussels sprouts,
cabbage, cauliflower, kale and kohlrabi.

So I think I might start by looking for your suspects there.

The individual European varieties I'm on less solid ground about - I just
endeavor very hard not to eat any of them.

Berengaria