[Sca-cooks] New to sca list

vongraph vongraph at comcast.net
Mon Feb 24 06:33:24 PST 2003

> Given the amount of things that one needs to acquire,
> I would put off major outdoor kitchen purchases until
> you have been to many events. Take the opportunity
> to wander around and ask people what works and doesn't,
> what things cost or where they can be purchased. You'll
> come up with enough ideas to keep you busy for quite a few
> months. Make notes and keep a notebook with addresses.
> Also you need to think about transporting what you buy
> along with all the other SCA equipment and then all the
> needed mundane equipment besides.
>
>This is very good advice, our hourseholde has a twenty by forty foot
pavillion seating for 60 and complete Cook trailer (large smoker, warmeing
oven, three burner stove) we call it the tavern and set up at the major
events to feed the populace. then there is the "smaller" trailer that
contains the cook center for the campsite (5 X 8 Foot) trailer, holding 10'
X 20' pavillion, stove, oven pots pans etc:) I liked it better whe I lived
with small propane stove and three pots. Course then again when we go to
event, the householde feast in camp  puts kingdom feast to shame: guess its
worth it:)

Elric