Cake class and friends was Re: [Sca-cooks] Pastry Team Special on TV

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 24 08:19:52 PST 2003

> I'm having a ball, but wish I had more time in my schedule for
> practicing outside of the classes.  Right now I've got to juggle today
> folding up my pavilion pieces before the rain comes, shopping for some
> trousers, and helping a friend unload a moving truck at her new house,
> and I -wanted- to do some more royal icing flowers....
>
> Jared

We can work on them during this week, maybe make some kind
of goody for the "old timers tourney" Saturday?  This rainy weather
is not good for sugar work of any kind.  I've been reading up on
Alys-Katherine's sugar plate letters in the Flori-thingie but
don't dare try it until the dry season.

BTW the friend who is moving happens to be Karina of the Far West, former Laurel Queen of Arms and genuine SCA legend,
who is moving to the Angels Highlands where the weather is fine and the night sky full of stars.  She's also
interested in period cookery and served some medieval dishes at her party last WorldCon [the World Science Fiction
Convention in San Jose last September].  Maybe let's get her on this list?

Selene C.