[Sca-cooks] Pastry Team Special on TV

Jim Fox-Davis firedrake at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 23 11:37:13 PST 2003

Isabella,

Actually, the local Michael's crafts store is hosting the classes, with
a Wilton-trained instructor who's a neat lady.  She's a retired
kindergarten teacher, which gives her just the right personality for
leading people through the courses.  Margaret has the right of it -- the
first course is basic icing, some pattern transferring, and some basic
piping and roses.  The second, which we're doing now, is lots more
flowers, and Wilton's "Color Flow" icing, which the English would call
"run sugar."  In the middle, on an alternate night, Selene and I are
doing an additional two-session class on rolled fondants.  Once we
finish flowers, we'll seque into the course on tiered cakes.

I'm having a ball, but wish I had more time in my schedule for
practicing outside of the classes.  Right now I've got to juggle today
folding up my pavilion pieces before the rain comes, shopping for some
trousers, and helping a friend unload a moving truck at her new house,
and I -wanted- to do some more royal icing flowers....

Jared