Cake class was Re: [Sca-cooks] OT: Hair and Kitties, was: Cream tartlets and OT: kitties

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 24 08:54:35 PST 2003

Bera  wrote:

> So, back kinda on topic:  what exactly have you genned out in your Wilton
> class?  I was hoping to be able to see some of the test creations if I wasn't
> allowed to audit one class.
>
> It does sound fascinating.
>
> I'm wondering, is it at *all* like working with sugar plate?
>
> Berengaria
> _____________________

We're mostly making flowers by extruding substances through a pastry bag.
As I understand it, sugar plate is mainly sculpted or molded with in a mold made
of wood or other hard substances.  The fondant class we're doing on Thursday
seems to be closer to this than the other class is.  I really need to see sugar
plate done right before I try it, just so I know what I'm shooting for.

I decided we needed to take the flower class when we took on the next Twelfth
Night with the mythology theme.  LOTS of Greek Myths involve the origins of
flowers - Narcissisus is on my list.

Here's another inspirational vision:
<http://www.godecookery.com/helmeted/coqz07.jpg>
Maybe the chariot of the sun, driven by A-Pollo? <grin, duck, run>

Selene C.