[Sca-cooks] Pet abuse - counter story

Heleen Greenwald heleen at ptdprolog.net
Mon Feb 24 11:26:31 PST 2003

Papa,
What a sweet story!!! I want to play with your ferrets.  May I?

Can I tell y'all my shih tzu story?

I baby sit a manipulative shih tzu. Well he's not manipulative at my house
(probably because he knows that *I* am the alpha dog!)
Anyway... he conned his mother and grandparents into letting him eat his
food off the floor.  At my house he eats of a paper plate or he goes hungry.
(He rarely goes hungry)

Anyway... I made chicken and noodles and sauce for last Shabbat. (winter
comfort food - Gawd I hate this weather!) I put some down on the paper plate
for him to eat,  next to where I was sitting.  His mother, also sitting at
the table, said that I was being mean to him (making him eat off a plate.)
I replied "No I wasn't" as he walked over to the plate, sniffed twice and
then proceeded to plop his face into the dish and inhale the food.  (He ate
2 platefuls of chicken and noodles)

He's actually a very sweet and affectionate dog!!
Phillipa