[Sca-cooks] SCA Feasts....

Carol Eskesen Smith BrekkeFranksdottir at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 24 17:29:02 PST 2003

You would have liked the rest of it, too.   Roulade of beef on scrambled eggs, roast beef with spatezel in a mild horseradish sauce,  lamb with vegetables of the season in a sweet garlic sauce, and roast pork in a plum sauce.  Dessert was orange or rose custard tarts.  I tried a bite of both, preferring the orange, but both were good, and I normally don't like things flavored with rose water (a BIG minus for any Medieval cook!).  That's why any redactions of mine will have minimal rose water, if the recipe requires it.
Regards,
Brekke