[Sca-cooks] Remove was Performer's Symposium Feast Post mortem

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Tue Feb 25 05:48:53 PST 2003

> A small linguistic point, "remove" used as a noun for dishes which are
> served and later taken from the table is a Victorian usage.  A couple of
> period terms for a "course" are "course" and "messe."

A couple of languages use a term which translates 'serving' which I'm more
comfortable with myself.

-- Jadwiga

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa   jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"Lend our voices only to sounds of freedom/ No longer lend our strength to
that which we wish to be free from/Fill lives with love and bravery/
And we shall lead a life uncommon." -- Jewel, _Life Uncommon_